This is rather late notice, but I've just seen that John Powell and Peter Reading will be presenting a one-day course on 'Eurocodes and their effect on site investigation, testing and sampling' on 30th June 2010 at the Paddocks.
This one day course will provide a practical overview of BS EN ISO 22475 Geotechnical investigation and testing – sampling methods and groundwater measurements; parts 1; 2; and 3 (Parts 2 and 3 in draft); BS EN ISO 17892 Laboratory testing and BS EN ISO22476 Field testing.
- How the Eurocode interfaces with BS5930 – where we are now
- The Eurocode suite related to site investigation what do they do? how do they interrelate?
- 17892 Laboratory testing
- 22475 Field sampling and testing
- 22476 Field testing
- Content of 22475 Part 1 – a look at the sections and tables presented in 22475 part 1
- Implications of sample class and its effect on laboratory testing
- Reporting requirements of 22475 Part 1 GIR’s and GDR’s
- Implications of 22475 Parts 2 and 3
- 22476 with particular reference to Parts 2 and 3